Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

IT UHD audio trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake View Post

That shouldn't be the case (if anything, with the way CDNs and caching works, the more popular the title the better it should be). When you say "newer", is this something really recent (the past few weeks) or any title when it's "new"? Also, what device(s)/apps do you see this on?
    Vizio "P" series display using built-in Vudu Smartcast app - Case #170913-000157

84 UHD
    857 HDX
    2 SD

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
      If anyone with this issue can try outputting sound from the LG TV speakers (instead of a receiver w/ ARC/optical) and see if it works ok that would be helpful info. We are trying to determine if there is an issue with the content or the LG TV firmware (have not been able to reproduce yet, but are trying).
      It's not only the LG TVs but the Vizio displays as well since that's the kind I have.

84 UHD
      857 HDX
      2 SD

Comment

Are you also having trouble getting it to display in Dolby vision? It will only playback in HDR10 for me on my vizio..all my other vudu Dolby Vision movies display DV just fine, but it will only playback in HDR10

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmcv View Post
          While playing It in UHD, I went into the TV's settings and changed audio output to TV speakers. The choppiness went away and the audio plays perfectly through the TV speakers. As soon as I change the audio output back to HDMI ARC, the audio stuttering/choppiness begins on my sound bar. Same problem with the following UHD titles tested tonight:
          • The Lego Ninjago Movie
          • Dunkirk
          • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
          There are definitely others but I don't have time to go through all of them. On UHD titles that don't have the audio issue, there are often noticeable video stutters/frame drops during playback. Jupiter Ascending, for example, plays with perfect audio, but there appears to be a stutter in the video every 5 seconds or so.

This is definitely a problem specific to the Vudu app on my LG OLED55C6P. When I play Dolby Vision titles through the TV's built-in Netflix app, I have no problems. TV is running the latest firmware 05.30.02. Hard-wired into a gigabit fiber Internet connection. I have tried power cycling the TV and even reset the TV to factory default settings, but that hasn't helped. Sound bar is a Sony HT-ST5000 also running latest firmware.

Again, as soon as I switch from UHD to HDX during playback, the issues go away.

On another (possibly related) note, I can't even get Inception UHD to stream tonight. It just sits at the loading screen until it asks me to switch to HDX.

I basically can't watch my Vudu UHD titles that I've spent hundreds of dollars on. The issue started in the past couple of weeks, and nothing on my end has changed in that time. I thought I'd be able to use a Chromecast Ultra instead, but that hasn't worked either (see my link in the above post). Thanks for looking into this.

Hey do you happen to have Blade Runner UHD? Because it sounds like you and I have the same TV and I definitely heard audio problems when switching to internal speakers... just not as pronounced and obvious as on the surround. Blade Runner was the most obvious of the films I tested on internal speakers. I cranked IT up on internal and watched first 10 minutes... definitely still some drops and glitches but less pronounced.

Comment

Originally posted by RollingTundra View Post

Hey do you happen to have Blade Runner UHD? Because it sounds like you and I have the same TV and I definitely heard audio problems when switching to internal speakers... just not as pronounced and obvious as on the surround. Blade Runner was the most obvious of the films I tested on internal speakers. I cranked IT up on internal and watched first 10 minutes... definitely still some drops and glitches but less pronounced.
            Yes I have Blade Runner UHD. I'll check tonight and report back.

Comment

I also have the same issue with audio drop outs using a 2016 LG C6 OLED while watching Vudo UHD movies. The latest was last night watching "Dunkirk" and I quickly switched over to "Wonder Woman" which was purchased and played perfectly in the past but last night had the audio breakups/ dropouts from the very start of the movie. Using optical cable from the TV to a Yamaha older non- Atmos 5.1 receiver. As another poster noted, this basically makes these movies unwatchable and they are not cheap to rent or own. Not a happy Vudu customer right about now. Please fix ASAP !!!

Comment

Yea I recall not having issues before pretty recently as well with the 4K titles. It?s gotta be a firmware issue affecting the LG C6 models (and possibly others) because we all seem to be experiencing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bpa88 View Post
                  Are you also having trouble getting it to display in Dolby vision? It will only playback in HDR10 for me on my vizio..all my other vudu Dolby Vision movies display DV just fine, but it will only playback in HDR10
                  Hello,
                  There is a Vizio FW bug with playing new Dolby Vision titles releases. Vizio has addressed this in their latest FW which is currently under test within Vizio. I was told by Vizio the new FW should be rolled out starting in Feb. So to work around the bug Vudu will force any title that will exhibit the bug down to HDR10. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
                  Tam

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post

Hello,
                    There is a Vizio FW bug with playing new Dolby Vision titles releases. Vizio has addressed this in their latest FW which is currently under test within Vizio. I was told by Vizio the new FW should be rolled out starting in Feb. So to work around the bug Vudu will force any title that will exhibit the bug down to HDR10. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
                    Tam
                    Is VUDU looking into the audio bug affecting all the LG C6 models on the UHD titles? It
                    is unwatchable and speeding up my decision to update my Apple TV to the 4K model and go with iTunes for everything.

Comment

I am having the exact issues with my 2016 LG playing VUDU. First noticed with Blade Runner but it is now happening with all of my UHD movies including ones that worked previously. This seems to have started in the past month.

Comment

Originally posted by RollingTundra View Post

Is VUDU looking into the audio bug affecting all the LG C6 models on the UHD titles? It
                        is unwatchable and speeding up my decision to update my Apple TV to the 4K model and go with iTunes for everything.
                        Agreed. Multiple people on multiple forums have reported this issue, yet Vudu refuses to acknowledge it. I won?t be purchasing any more UHD titles on Vudu until this is addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmcv View Post

Agreed. Multiple people on multiple forums have reported this issue, yet Vudu refuses to acknowledge it. I won?t be purchasing any more UHD titles on Vudu until this is addressed.
                          Hello All

Sorry for not acknowledge it, but Yes we are working on this issue. I am in direct content with our LG Tech lead and working on debugging what the issue is. When I get an update on the issue I will update the thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
                          Tam

Comment

I had this exact problem all weekend on all of my VUDU titles, including ones that were new purchases: the new purchases were Wonder Woman, Tarzan, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and Baby Driver. The sound glitched all of the time -- making the films unwatchable. I have an OLED 55C6P -- with an optical cable from the TV to my Marantz receiver for sound. I have not tried playing the material through just the TV speakers but will try that tonight. I am using the built in VUDU ap. This problem drove me crazy all weekend -- only happened on VUDU -- not on any other streaming services.

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post

Hello All

Sorry for not acknowledge it, but Yes we are working on this issue. I am in direct content with our LG Tech lead and working on debugging what the issue is. When I get an update on the issue I will update the thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
                              Tam
                              Thank you for keeping us updated.

Comment

I have changed my LG OLED 55C6P TV's settings so that it now outputs audio both to speakers and to my receiver. I also set PCM on both the TV and my receiver as the sound option default. I then turned down the TV's internal speakers to 0 -- and while it didn't totally solve the problem, at least now I can watch and listen to the 4K/UHD titles in my library with only minimal static noises, very low volume, that occur infrequently on my external speakers and headphones. Thank you to the poster above who suggested this which has eased the glitching issue. Wish I knew more about the source problem so perhaps I could adjust more settings if need be. But at least I can watch the films now which is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X