Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

IT UHD audio trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TamM View Post

Hello All

Sorry for not acknowledge it, but Yes we are working on this issue. I am in direct content with our LG Tech lead and working on debugging what the issue is. When I get an update on the issue I will update the thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Tam
    Thank you for the update, appreciate that it?s being worked on!

Comment

I just wanted to add that I am experiencing this exact same issue. Posting to simply add to the number of people experiencing this issue. I own a 2016 model LG 65oledc6p. I am running vudu through the built in app for dolby vision. I am using hdmi arc for sound out and while I am aware that the 2016 models do not carry atmos out through arc, I would prefer that it carried an audio signal that didn't stutter and glitch constantly. My soundbar that I am using is a LG-SJ9 with dolby atmos support, however, it will not receive an atmos signal through hdmi-ARC on the 2016 model. I look forward to an update that will allow me to continue watching UHD movies on vudu as the dolby vision is great. My symptoms exhibit exactly as other posts have described.

Comment

Same issue as everyone else. C6. Issue appears when Optical Out settings are set to "Auto". Changing the setting to "PCM" fixes the issues but I do lose 5.1 with that.

Comment

Hey VUDU support person: Any update on this sound issue? These expensive 4K movies are unwatchable, what are you doing to correct this issue? We need resolution NOW. What is happening besides nothing????

Comment

Hello All

LG is working on a solution. This seems to be an LG issue that will require them to fix. Will let you know when we Vudu gets something to test out.

Thanks
            Tam

Comment

Hello All

LG is working on a solution. This seems to be an LG issue that will require them to fix. Will let you know when we Vudu gets something to test out.

Thanks
              Tam
              Thank you so very much for your help on this matter, the audio is awful on 4K's on the 2016 LG OLED's in 4K .....sorry to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxie_Muzic View Post

Thank you so very much for your help on this matter, the audio is awful on 4K's on the 2016 LG OLED's in 4K .....sorry to say.
                Hello Roxie_Muzic,

Can you provide more info about our experience.
                - What LG TV model do you have?
                - What is the sound setting?
                -Which Vudu Content are you streaming?
                - Are you getting audio issues from the built in speakers on the TV or from external speakers?
                - How are you connected to your external speakers (ARC, Optical, Blue Tooth)?

Thanks
                Tam

Comment

Hello Roxie_Muzic,

Can you provide more info about our experience.
                  - What LG TV model do you have?
                  - What is the sound setting?
                  -Which Vudu Content are you streaming?
                  - Are you getting audio issues from the built in speakers on the TV or from external speakers?
                  - How are you connected to your external speakers (ARC, Optical, Blue Tooth)?

Thanks
                  Tam
                  I'm having the same audio drop-out issues, so I'll share my information:

- LG OLED55C6P
                  - Sound is set to output via HDMI ARC to a Sony HT-ST5000 sound bar.
                  - The issue occurs when watching most UHD content on Vudu. Switching to HDX quality resolves the audio drop-outs.
                  - When I switch the TV's settings to output via built-in speakers, audio from Vudu UHD titles seems to be fine.
                  - Connected via HDMI ARC, but the problem also occurs using an Optical connection.

I really hope LG and/or Vudu can quickly find and release a fix for this issue. Between this issue and the Chromecast Ultra issue, I have no way to watch my Vudu UHD titles.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmcv View Post

- LG OLED55C6P
                    - The issue occurs when watching most UHD content on Vudu. Switching to HDX quality resolves the audio drop-outs.
                    - When I switch the TV's settings to output via built-in speakers, audio from Vudu UHD titles seems to be fine.
                    - Connected via HDMI ARC, but the problem also occurs using an Optical connection.

I really hope LG and/or Vudu can quickly find and release a fix for this issue. Between this issue and the Chromecast Ultra issue, I have no way to watch my Vudu UHD titles.
                    Hello Ryanmcv

Thanks for the added information. I will forward this to LG.

As for the Chromecast Ultra, sorry for the inconvenience. Vudu is working on a fix and should have something out when done.

Thanks,
                    Tam

Comment

Add me to the list of affected LG C6 users. I posted a video of exactly the same symptoms as others have described.
                      Prior to the 1/2/18 update I didnt have this issue but I did have an issue where the UHD video content would stutter every 8 seconds but the audio was fine. Prior to the last LG firmware (the one from many months ago) I had zero problems with UHD playback.. its been nothing but problems ever since that LG FW update.... kinda sad issues have persisted for the better half of a year. This is still the best solution for me to utilize my digital UHD collection(When its working), however I wont be buying, and have not purchased any since the issues started (why would I, it doesn't work) Hopefully LG will not only resolve the issue but will also allow Atmos pass through on their 2016 models in the process. Link to video attached (https://youtu.be/BrxQ9op9U1g)

Comment

Add me to the list. 2016 65 inch C7 with audio stutter on UHD movies. Started sometime in December I think.

C6 is passing sound to Denon 4400 via hdmi. UHD is unwatchable unless I switch to tv speakers and I didn?t spend thousands on speakers and amps for that. This does not happen in HDX

have passed in renting numerous 4K movies from Vudu because of this.

Has as happened on Blade Runner 2049, Geostorm and others. Haven?t played a UHD move recently that wired correctly.

Comment

Same problem in a 65 inch C6

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmcv View Post

- LG OLED55C6P

Adding my name to the chorus of users with the issue. I am connected with Optical (for now) to Denon 4311CI receiver (being upgraded). Honestly I don't know if this is being caused by the latest firmware on my LG C6 OLED or the latest Vudu update. UHD was fine in Vudu and it remains fine with all other sources. The choppiness is only coming from Vudu. We had it with Dunkirk. Not a question of internet speed based on all speed tests. Again though it is my recollection that we had watched UHD titles fine on Vudu after the LG FW update but before the latest Vudu update. Is it possible it is a conflict in Vudu code? Not sure why folks always seem to jump to blaming the TV manufacturer. :-(

Is there a way to reload the earlier version of Vudu? I am using the built in app. It was be helpful if we had the ability to try Vudu from other sources to see if the issue still exists, e.g. loading Vudu from the WWW browser with some test UHD video streams? Would help us and you with diagnosing. Can VUDU place a "test" 4K stream we can try for different options to see if it can be fixed without having to rent a movie?

If VUDU is able to reproduce this in house does a roll back on the VUDU app help???
                            Last edited by JayS_CT; 01-29-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouVUDU View Post
                              Add me to the list of affected LG C6 users. I posted a video of exactly the same symptoms as others have described.
                              Prior to the 1/2/18 update I didnt have this issue but I did have an issue where the UHD video content would stutter every 8 seconds but the audio was fine. Prior to the last LG firmware (the one from many months ago) I had zero problems with UHD playback.. its been nothing but problems ever since that LG FW update.... kinda sad issues have persisted for the better half of a year. This is still the best solution for me to utilize my digital UHD collection(When its working), however I wont be buying, and have not purchased any since the issues started (why would I, it doesn't work) Hopefully LG will not only resolve the issue but will also allow Atmos pass through on their 2016 models in the process. Link to video attached (https://youtu.be/BrxQ9op9U1g)
                              Couple of points.. On C6 I had no issues after LG FW but did after Vudu upgrade, so I repeat that I don't necessarily automatically blame LG for this one. I have no issues with 4K streaming and audio on other apps, only VUDU. The only real issue I had with the latest LG FW was the impact to HDR on Game mode selection. As for ATMOS (or lack of), that should not be impacting what we're hearing with Vudu.. It should revert to a more standard surround sound I believe.

Comment

All,

Just tried a different approach. Instead of a movie rental, I went to my Vudu Library (Ultraviolet) where I have several 4K HDR movies (via Ultraviolet and Movies Anywhere both linked to VUDU). The experience was different by movie. Standard Blu-Ray is fine Surround Sound is fine, Wonder Woman 4K HDR skips horribly on audio (as in the video submitted above) but video is fine, whereas Magical Beasts and Where to Find them is "watchable" but hiccups in both audio and video from time to time and nothing at all like Wonder Woman. This has to be App related in my opinion as Dolby Vision 4k video and audio are fine coming off Netflix (Stranger Things). Just wanted to provide more information.

Comment

Working...
                                X