Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

IT UHD audio trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for the VUDU folks. I tried to load Vudu from the WWW app on the LG to see if it was the native app. That attempt came back with an error message that VUDU on the web was looking for Flash Plugin to operate. Is the web app still relying on Flash for processing? Get the same error on Chrome browser on my Macbook Pro.

Comment

Yeah, the issue started when the Vudu app was updated in November or December. The TV's firmware hasn't been updated since last July (version 05.30.02). My Vudu UHD titles were working fine from July to November. So I find it very curious that Vudu is pointing the finger at LG. Clearly it is something in Vudu's app update that causes the issue.

Comment

I agree with the above poster... this started with the latest version of the Vudu app on LG.. All other 4k streams and audio from Netflix, etc. (including ATMOS) come in fine.

An update for everyone though. I loaded the VUDU app on to my XBox One X (which I didn't know was a supported platform - looks like the S is as well) .. Net is the audio is fine, HDR is recognized, full surround with UHD .. So it is the App associated with LG that is at issue.

I spoke with Vudu level 2 support. They pointed me to a test UHD video called "Breathe" on the Vudu site (it is not the movie, has some guy by a pool). I played that from the Vudu app on the LG and surround sound seemed to be fine, but unlike full UHD movies like Dunkirk or others that are ATMOS, etc., the audio stream feed (looking at the receiver) does not look to be standard surround sound signal coming in as only the left and right channel lights were lit, so I'm not sure what actually my Denon is decoding.. It would be good if others tried this 5 minute short..

Worst case, if you've got another place that you can load Vudu, like and XBox or PS4, you may want to try it there in the interim until this gets sorted out with the appl on LG.

Comment

From the description, it looks like that is a stereo short, delivered in a standard 5.1 container. If that's the case, what you're seeing is accurate as your Denon is only getting a stereo (left/right) signal.

Comment

Originally posted by gamescan View Post
            From the description, it looks like that is a stereo short, delivered in a standard 5.1 container. If that's the case, what you're seeing is accurate as your Denon is only getting a stereo (left/right) signal.
            I understand.. It does appear that way.. All other UHD movies (including the ones I've stored on VUDU) delivers the content correctly to the Denon over the same connection (meaning all the lights on the receive side are properly lit). I don't know what this short film is they've provided. It's not an issue with the Denon if all the other streaming providers feeds are operating correctly as well, so I'm much more inclined ow to believe it is something in this 5 minute (or less) film clip. As for the major issue, given that the feed from VUDU is going into the same Denon from the XBOX One X and working correctly on the VUDU app there, it appears that the recently updated VUDU app for the LG is at fault.

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post
              Hello All

LG is working on a solution. This seems to be an LG issue that will require them to fix. Will let you know when we Vudu gets something to test out.

Thanks
              Tam
              Tam,

Is your statement verifiable with LG? I don't see how this is an LG issue when this all started with your update on January 2nd, 2018 (3.0.25). Before that, everything worked fine. Assuming for a minute that it is an LG issue, why not repost the prior VUDU app version so we can all watch UHD on VUDU with proper audio and when the issue is resolved, post another updated version that works correctly. Why leave a broken app online? Also, what is the "LG issue" specifically and who is working on it from both teams?

Comment

Originally posted by JayS_CT View Post

Tam,

Is your statement verifiable with LG? I don't see how this is an LG issue when this all started with your update on January 2nd, 2018 (3.0.25). Before that, everything worked fine. Assuming for a minute that it is an LG issue, why not repost the prior VUDU app version so we can all watch UHD on VUDU with proper audio and when the issue is resolved, post another updated version that works correctly. Why leave a broken app online? Also, what is the "LG issue" specifically and who is working on it from both teams?
                I don't know what's going on with Vudu lately as a lot of different issue have cropped up that they don't seem able to fix. Since around the time of the release of Dunkirk (December 19, 2017), UHD titles don't include Dolby Vision (but only HDR-10) on devices where UHD is working. UHD doesn't work at all using the Chromecast Ultra. I don't have an LG that works with Vudu as far as UHD so I can't test the issue you mention above. Doesn't anyone at Vudu do any testing before devices are updated in order to prevent things like this from happening?

89 UHD
                861 HDX
                3 SD

Comment

Not sure what you intent is with asking if Tam's statement is verifiable. Tam actually leads the QA team. His team conducts testing on various devices and TVs on a daily basis to find and squash bug before they make it our customers. Of course, we are not perfect by any means but we do adhere to strict testing procedures to deliver the best possible streaming experience. As with all things related to the internet, there are many factors that can make streaming content difficult. Sometimes device manufacturer's release new firmware upgrades (without notification) that can "break" our app, ISP routing changes, CDN host issues, etc. When these issues occur, we do our best to resolve them from our end. Sometimes we are at the mercy of an entity outside of our company and depend on them to address this issue. Sadly, this is the case with the LG issue currently being reported on this forum.

Just as Jake has mentioned previously on other threads, Vudu engineers are not obligated to participate on these forums. It's not part of their daily duties. They do interact with you all regardless because they would like to tackle head on any pending issues before they become bigger problems. I definitely welcome their feedback since this makes my job a bit easier and together we are able to address your concerns a lot quicker. Posting inflammatory statements towards Vudu staff just makes it less desirable for them to post updates on this forum. We would rather have posts with constructive criticism that offer insight to your issues and useful information for our investigations. I just feel as the moderator of this forum, this needed to be addressed. I would rather move forward and work on addressing your issues so you can get back to streaming lovely movies and TV shows!

Comment

Add me to list as well, been having this issue for months. LG 65 inch C6. Sound cracks and pops on all 4k playbacks. Starting in December at some point.

Sound through 2017 model Denon Receiver

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                      Not sure what you intent is with asking if Tam's statement is verifiable. Tam actually leads the QA team. His team conducts testing on various devices and TVs on a daily basis to find and squash bug before they make it our customers. Of course, we are not perfect by any means but we do adhere to strict testing procedures to deliver the best possible streaming experience. As with all things related to the internet, there are many factors that can make streaming content difficult. Sometimes device manufacturer's release new firmware upgrades (without notification) that can "break" our app, ISP routing changes, CDN host issues, etc. When these issues occur, we do our best to resolve them from our end. Sometimes we are at the mercy of an entity outside of our company and depend on them to address this issue. Sadly, this is the case with the LG issue currently being reported on this forum.

Just as Jake has mentioned previously on other threads, Vudu engineers are not obligated to participate on these forums. It's not part of their daily duties. They do interact with you all regardless because they would like to tackle head on any pending issues before they become bigger problems. I definitely welcome their feedback since this makes my job a bit easier and together we are able to address your concerns a lot quicker. Posting inflammatory statements towards Vudu staff just makes it less desirable for them to post updates on this forum. We would rather have posts with constructive criticism that offer insight to your issues and useful information for our investigations. I just feel as the moderator of this forum, this needed to be addressed. I would rather move forward and work on addressing your issues so you can get back to streaming lovely movies and TV shows!
                      Felipe,

Let's take your comments apart a little here if we can.. two long paragraphs make it difficult to reply...

My question about being verifiable was, quite literally, as it was stated.. Simply put, if we were to call LG, would they be aware of this particular issue. Implications have been made that it is something LG has to fix, while all the users here are pointing VUDU folks back to the January 2nd update as the cause. The last update from LG was quite some time ago on the 2016 sets and UHD Audio and Video were working fine after that for VUDU. So again, is it a verifiable fact that work done between VUDU and LG have identified this as an LG issue? If not, then I don't feel it proper to blame them.. so I'll repeat the basic question. Has it been verified with LG that it is their issue and have they accepted it as something to work with you on (since you are also saying it's their issue). Again, I just fail to understand how a broken update to your app running on the same LG firmware the previous one was, and that was working, is LG's fault? Nothing on our sets changed except your app. I think it would also be helpful (if possible) to let folks know what area has gone awry..

As for your thoughts about other extraneous factors..e.g. network issues, ISP issues, etc., etc. are all 100% true.. In this case though, it's highly unlikely that all the users with the issue are experiencing the same or similar network issues and even more unlikely that we're all on the same ISP. To me this is a much more localized issue with the App this time, so while I totally understand your points, they're irrelevant to this case I think.

Also, I made no inflammatory remarks about VUDU.. I in fact made what I thought was a fairly logical suggestion. Repost the old app (which worked) until this gets ironed out with LG and then post the new update. The app we all have now is pretty useless when it comes to UHD, which actually takes money out of VUDU's pocket and places it in Amazon, etc.. pockets. Wouldn't VUDU want people renting UHD in the interim?

Lastly.. I can't speak for everyone, but I think most all are grateful when we can get information to VUDU and have it acted on. It helps us both, by the same token, that doesn't mean we're all going to be 100% in agreement 100% of the time.. but hopefully engineers and users should respect the value each brings. There are a lot of very technical users out here. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by JayS_CT View Post
                        My question about being verifiable was, quite literally, as it was stated..
                        Vudu is actively working with LG to identify and fix this issue. It seems to be affecting a very small number of customers (not reproducible by either LG or Vudu so far on the same hardware) and is not related to the Vudu app itself. IMO it's most likely a compatibility issue with Vudu UHD streams and some obscure bug in LG TV audio decoding. Obviously both LG and Vudu hope to resolve it as soon as possible.

Consider this the last update on the topic until the status changes. We appreciate your own investigation and if a potential fix is found and you are interested in testing it please feel free to PM Felipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post

Vudu is actively working with LG to identify and fix this issue. It seems to be affecting a very small number of customers (not reproducible by either LG or Vudu so far on the same hardware) and is not related to the Vudu app itself. IMO it's most likely a compatibility issue with Vudu UHD streams and some obscure bug in LG TV audio decoding. Obviously both LG and Vudu hope to resolve it as soon as possible.

Consider this the last update on the topic until the status changes. We appreciate your own investigation and if a potential fix is found and you are interested in testing it please feel free to PM Felipe.
                          VERY hard to believe that Vudu and LG have been unable to reproduce the issue. Maybe one of your engineering teams needs to make a visit to the home of someone experiencing the issue. Otherwise, it's hard to see how this problem will ever get fixed if you can't see/debug it firsthand. In the meantime, I have hundreds (thousands?) of dollars worth of Vudu UHD purchases that are completely unwatchable. And Chromecast Ultra UHD playback is also broken, so that's not even an option. It's borderline criminal. Jake saying "this is the last update" tells me that progress has stalled and the issue is being put on the back-burner.

I'll echo what JayS_CT said: I think most of us are very grateful that Vudu and its QA/engineering team reply to posts on this forum. But from the viewpoint of us end-users, there appears to be little-to-no forward progress on resolving show-stopping issues like this. It's been 2 months with multiple users on multiple forums reporting the same issue, yet no one at Vudu/LG can replicate it. If that's the case, then it's time to rethink the strategy.

Edit: I actually reported this issue back on November 2, so it's been exactly 3 months. In fact, I joined the forum just so I could report the issue:

https://forum.vudu.com/forum/vudu/ge...528#post401528

Comment

Hello everyone. Just another consumer with a 65" C6P OLED here. I was about to go buy a new optical cable until I finally googled this thread. I'm having the intermittent audio problem on Dolby Vision streams like everyone else. I first noticed it when trying to stream my digital copy of Stephen King's IT. At first I thought it was related to the WB titles. Then last night I had forgotten to check other studios titles and I bought Only the Brave.

The problem showed up about 5 seconds into the stream. I stopped the film and went on to view it from my Xbox One X. Of course everything played fine there, except it wasn't quite the Dolby Vision level I was looking forward to watching.

Is there anything that a user like myself can do to help expedite the exploration of this problem? I appreciate the work being done. At the same time it is hard knowing that the teams can't replicate it. Makes a user like me feel hopeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post

Jake,

With all due respect (I truly mean that). Not a single hardware thing changed on my end. Same LG set, same receiver, same cables, same router connections, etc.. By the same token, nothing has changed on the LG software front (unless they're somehow sneaking updates in?) .. With that as a backdrop and the only thing changing is the App (someone mentioning it's happening on Chromecast as well??) .. I hope you understand why we all seem to believe it is more related to VUDU's app rather than LG hardware/software.

I am very much wiling to test any possible fixes.. Again can I ask that either privately or publicly, can we make the previous version of VUDU for LG available to test with? It would seem an incredibly logical place to start and to be able to narrow down what differences there were in the two apps?

Thanks also for confirming the interaction with LG. I will be calling them as well and going to their forums.

Comment

Well, there is a new update to VUDU on LG (3.0.26) and we still have the audio outage. :-( Funny thing was it didn't come up as needing the update. I had to delete and re-install. It's dated January 28th, 2018..

Comment

Working...
                                X