Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU vs Satellite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU vs Satellite

Here's an example of what Directv is currently offering up. Note they also have separate placards for SD and HD offerings of the same movie.

I didn't compare everyone to VUDU but the most notable is that they offer Gone Baby Gone in HD DD5.1 and VUDU only offers Widescreen in STEREO.

Guess which one I ordered for $4.99?

Title Rating Genre
    28 Weeks Later R Sci-Fi Playing Soon
    28 Weeks Later (HD) R Sci-Fi Playing Soon
    3:10 To Yuma R Action
    3:10 To Yuma (HD) R Action Playing Soon
    30 Days of Night R Horror Coming Soon
    30 Days of Night (HD) R Horror Coming Soon
    4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days NR Drama Playing Soon
    Across The Universe PG-13 Drama
    Across the Universe (HD) PG-13 Drama
    Alvin And The Chipmunks PG Comedy Coming Soon
    Alvin And The Chipmunks (HD) PG Comedy Coming Soon
    Amazing Grace PG Drama Playing Soon
    Amazing Grace (HD) PG Drama Playing Soon
    American Gangster R Drama
    American Gangster (HD) R Drama
    A Mighty Heart R Drama Playing Soon
    A Mighty Heart (HD) R Drama Playing Soon
    Anamorph R Thriller Coming Soon
    Angel-A R Comedy Playing Soon
    Arctic Tale G Family Playing Soon
    Arctic Tale (HD) G Family Playing Soon
    Atonement R Drama Coming Soon
    Atonement (HD) R Drama Coming Soon
    August Rush PG Family
    August Rush (HD) PG Drama
    Awake R Thriller
    Awake (HD) R Drama
    Balls of Fury PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    Balls of Fury (HD) PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    Becoming Jane PG Drama
    Becoming Jane (HD) PG-13 Drama Playing Soon
    Bee Movie PG Comedy Coming Soon
    Bee Movie (HD) PG Comedy Coming Soon
    Beowulf R Action Coming Soon
    Beowulf (HD) PG-13 Action Coming Soon
    Blonde Ambition PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    Bratz: The Movie PG Comedy Playing Soon
    Bratz: The Movie (HD) PG Comedy Playing Soon
    Captivity R Horror Playing Soon
    Captivity (HD) R Horror Playing Soon
    Daddy Day Camp PG-13 Comedy
    Daddy Day Camp (HD) PG Comedy
    Dan In Real Life PG Comedy Coming Soon
    Dan In Real Life (HD) PG-13 Comedy Coming Soon
    Dragon Wars PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Eastern Promises R Drama Playing Soon
    Eastern Promises (HD) R Drama Playing Soon
    El Cantante R Drama Playing Soon
    Elizabeth: The Golden Age PG-13 Drama
    Elizabeth: The Golden Age (HD) PG-13 Drama Playing Soon
    Evan Almighty PG Comedy Playing Soon
    Evan Almighty (HD) PG Comedy Playing Soon
    Feel The Noise PG-13 Drama
    Flight of the Red Ballon NR Drama
    Gone Baby Gone R Drama
    Gone Baby Gone (HD) R Drama
    Good Luck Chuck (Unrated) NR Comedy
    Good Luck Chuck (Unrated) (HD) NR Comedy Playing Soon
    Goya's Ghosts R Drama Playing Soon
    Hairspray PG Comedy Playing Soon
    Hairspray (HD) PG Comedy Playing Soon
    Halloween (Unrated) (HD) NR Horror Playing Soon
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (HD) PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Hitman (Uncut) R Action Coming Soon
    Hitman (Uncut) (HD) NR Action Coming Soon
    Hot Rod PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    Hot Rod (HD) PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    How to Rob a Bank NR Thriller Playing Soon
    I Am Legend PG-13 Drama Coming Soon
    I Am Legend (HD) PG-13 Drama Coming Soon
    I Know Who Killed Me R Thriller Playing Soon
    I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (HD) PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    Interview R Drama Playing Soon
    In The Land Of Women PG-13 Drama Playing Soon
    In The Valley of Elah R Drama
    In The Valley of Elah (HD) R Drama
    Into the Wild R Drama
    Into the Wild (HD) R Drama
    La Vie En Rose PG-13 Drama Playing Soon
    License to Wed PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    LIve Free or Die Hard PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    LIve Free or Die Hard (HD) PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Live Free or Die Hard (Uncut) (HD) NR Action Playing Soon
    Love Songs NR Comedy
    Martian Child PG Drama
    Martian Child (HD) PG Drama Playing Soon
    Meet the Robinsons G Family Playing Soon
    Meet The Robinsons (HD) G Family Playing Soon
    Michael Clayton R Drama
    Michael Clayton (HD) R Drama Playing Soon
    Mister Lonely NR Drama Coming Soon
    Moliere PG-13 Comedy
    Mr. Bean's Holiday G Comedy Playing Soon
    Mr. Bean's Holiday (HD) G Comedy Playing Soon
    Mr. Brooks R Thriller Playing Soon
    Mr. Brooks (HD) R Thriller Playing Soon
    Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium G Family
    Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (HD) G Family
    Mr.Woodcock PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    Mr. Woodcock (HD) PG-13 Comedy
    My Best Friend PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    My Best Friend (HD) PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    My Kid Could Paint That PG-13 Documentary Playing Soon
    Nancy Drew: Drew's Clues PG Family
    Nancy Drew: Drew's Clues PG Family
    No Country For Old Men R Drama Coming Soon
    No Country For Old Men (HD) R Drama Coming Soon
    No Reservations PG-13 Romance Playing Soon
    No Reservations (HD) PG Romance Playing Soon
    Ocean's Thirteen PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    Ocean's Thirteen (HD) PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    Once R Drama Playing Soon
    One Missed Call PG-13 Horror Coming Soon
    One Missed Call (HD) PG-13 Horror Coming Soon
    Paprika R Sci-Fi Playing Soon
    Paranoid Park R Drama Playing Soon
    Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End (HD) PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Ratatouille G Family Playing Soon
    Ratatouille (HD) G Family Playing Soon
    Rendition R Drama
    Rendition (HD) R Drama
    Rescue Dawn PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Rescue Dawn (HD) PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Resident Evil: Extinction R Action
    Resident Evil: Extinction (HD) R Action Playing Soon
    Romance and Cigarettes R Drama
    Rush Hour 3 PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Rush Hour 3 (HD) PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Saw IV R Horror
    Saw IV (HD) R Horror Playing Soon
    September Dawn R Drama Playing Soon
    Shoot 'Em Up R Action Playing Soon
    Shoot 'Em Up (HD) R Action Playing Soon
    Shrek The Third G Family Playing Soon
    Shrek The Third (HD) PG-13 Family Playing Soon
    Sleuth R Mystery Playing Soon
    Slipstream R Comedy Playing Soon
    Spider-Man 3 PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Spider-Man 3 (HD) PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Stardust PG-13 Action
    Stardust (HD) PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Superbad R Comedy Playing Soon
    Superbad (HD) R Comedy Playing Soon
    Sydney White PG-13 Comedy
    The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford R Drama Playing Soon
    The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford (HD) R Drama
    The Bourne Ultimatum PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    The Bourne Ultimatum (HD) PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    The Brave One R Drama Playing Soon
    The Brave One (HD) R Drama Playing Soon
    The Brothers Solomon R Comedy Playing Soon
    The Comebacks PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    The Comebacks (HD) PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    The Comebacks (Uncut) PG-13 Comedy
    The Comebacks (Uncut) (HD) PG-13 Comedy
    The Darjeeling Limited R Comedy Playing Soon
    The Darjeeling Limited (HD) R Comedy
    The Duchess of Langeais NR Drama Playing Soon
    The Game Plan PG Comedy
    The Game Plan (HD) PG Comedy
    The Heartbreak Kid R Comedy Playing Soon
    The Heartbreak Kid (HD) R Comedy Playing Soon
    The Invasion PG-13 Sci-Fi
    The Invasion (HD) PG-13 Sci-Fi Playing Soon
    The Jane Austin Book Club PG-13 Drama
    The Killing of John Lennon NR Drama Playing Soon
    The Kingdom R Action Playing Soon
    The Kingdom (HD) R Action Playing Soon
    The Last Legion PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    The Last Legion (HD) PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    The Mist R Horror Coming Soon
    The Mist (HD) R Horror Coming Soon
    The Namesake PG-13 Drama Playing Soon
    The Namesake (HD) PG-13 Drama Playing Soon
    The Nanny Diaries PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    The Nanny Diaries (HD) PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    The Nines PG-13 Drama
    The Reaping R Horror Playing Soon
    The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause G Comedy Playing Soon
    The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause (HD) G Comedy Playing Soon
    The Simpsons Movie PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    The Simpsons Movie (HD) PG-13 Comedy
    Things We Lost In The Fire R Drama
    Things We Lost In The Fire (HD) R Drama Playing Soon
    Three Can Play That Game R Comedy
    Transformers PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Transformers (HD) PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? PG-13 Comedy
    Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? (HD) PG-13 Comedy
    Underdog PG Action
    Underdog (HD) PG-13 Action Playing Soon
    Vitus PG Drama Playing Soon
    Waitress PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    Waitress (HD) PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    War R Action Playing Soon
    War (HD) R Action Playing Soon
    We Own The Night R Drama
    We Own The Night (HD) R Drama
    Who's Your Caddy? PG-13 Comedy Playing Soon
    Who's Your Caddy? (HD) PG-13 Comedy Coming Soon

Comment

I notice a lot of them say "Playing Soon" or "Coming Soon" What do they mean by that?

Comment

Originally posted by redwein View Post
        I notice a lot of them say "Playing Soon" or "Coming Soon" What do they mean by that?
        They have only so many channels dedicated to transmitting the movies from the Sat, so they have to schedule them to play at various times on a kind of rotating basis.

So playing soon means Directv has it to rent, but not currently available on the Sat to record. It's usually comes around on the Sat in less than a week. It's a pain, because you have to keep checking back on the web site. There's no way to tell their system to record the movie for me when it's available. Currently, you can only do it when it's available on the Sat to record. Like NA9D said in a previous post, nothing (excluding me) is 100% perfect.

I'm not really sure what Coming Soon means (I don't think it has anything to do with orgasims). I don't really pay attention to that, because when I go to their site it's only to bottom fish for what's available to rent and record now.

Comment

Is that something that they will fix with the new satellites? If not, that would be way more frustrating to me than anything with Vudu. I decide what I want to watch when I sit down to watch it. Having to preplan for it would take the OD out of VOD for me. Then it's just PPV.

Comment

Is that something that they will fix with the new satellites? If not, that would be way more frustrating to me than anything with Vudu. I decide what I want to watch when I sit down to watch it. Having to preplan for it would take the OD out of VOD for me. Then it's just PPV.
            The movies I listed are what's available to rent and record from Sat on PPV. So you're right, it's only a remote cousin to VOD (perhaps an ancestor?).

You can also get movies from them via VOD which can be rented and recorded immediately via broadband.

There's lots more VOD content available but the current list of HD VOD movies available from Directv are:

3:10 to Yuma
            Balls of Fury
            Bourne Ultimatum
            THe Comebacks
            Eastern Promises
            Evan Almighty
            Good Luck Chuck
            The Kindom
            Mr Brooks
            Ratatouille
            Saw IV
            The Simpsons Movie
            Tyler Perry's Why Did I Marry
            Underdog
            War

Their current VOD is explicitly stated as "On Demand Beta". Given that they have announced a big rollout of their VOD offering within a few weeks, it remains to be seen what titles they will be offering and exactly how they will deliver it.

Even though it's a pain sometimes getting a movie from Directv I'm still going to wait and get it from whomever offers it in the best format. For me it's a little like going to a movie theatre where they show the latest Star Wars all day every day on their itsy bitsy screen but also offer it once in awhile for matinee showings on the Big Screen. I'm always going to wait for the matinee showing.

Right now VUDU is playing Gone Baby Gone on the itsy bitsy screen and Directv has it on the Big Screen. So that's where I'm going for this particular movie.

The popcorn is exactly the same at both places!

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by RobertHodge View Post
              For me it's a little like going to a movie theatre where they show the latest Star Wars all day every day on their itsy bitsy screen but also offer it once in awhile for matinee showings on the Big Screen. I'm always going to wait for the matinee showing.

Regards
              See that's where we differ. I will see the movie when I want to see it, even in a theater. When I want to see it, I choose the best available venue based on the other factors. That probably explains why the convenience aspect is by far the number 1 concern for me with VOD.

Comment

See that's where we differ. I will see the movie when I want to see it, even in a theater. When I want to see it, I choose the best available venue based on the other factors. That probably explains why the convenience aspect is by far the number 1 concern for me with VOD.
                I have absolutely no problem with your consumer decisions. After all, that's why the theatre justifies playing the movie all day every day on the itsy bitsy screen.

I'm just giving my feedback with the strong hint to VUDU that I'm disappointed they don't offer the movie in HD and DD5.1 (when I know it's indeed available that way) so I can rent it from them tonight. I was also trying to point out an explicit example where a title is available now but offered with different video qualities by some other service than that of physical media. So it proves that it's more than just a case of what is being offered by the studio to all digital media content providers. It proves that the source of all the movies are coming from Beserkely.

Come to think of it, I don't know why I just didn't say that from the get go?? I'm just simply going to have to lay off the Hypno-Toad licking for awhile. (at least I'm not Cat Cheezing yet)

Comment

Thank you for doing such a great job PROMOTING DirecTV on the Vudu customer support site.

Could you please also post a list of all the new Vudu content in the last 30 days?

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                    Thank you for doing such a great job PROMOTING DirecTV on the Vudu customer support site.
                    Well that certainly was not my intent. Just simply pointing out that the Emperor has no Clothes.

Could you please also post a list of all the new Vudu content in the last 30 days?
                    I would be happy to, if I could copy and paste the list from from VUDU's web site, like I did from Directv's.

Comment

Just simply pointing out that the Emperor has no Clothes.
                      Interesting, a single movie in stereo instead of 5.1 and a list of PPV movies available on DirecTV shows the emperor having no clothes in what way?

Comment

I'd say by that list the choice is very easy, VUDU beats the DirecTV offerings easily. And the instant gratification factor is the biggest plus. I want to wacth something when I'm in the mood to watch it, I don't want to wait for it. MAybe that comes from timeshifting my TV watching since 1984, but that is what I'm used to.

Comment

Interesting, a single movie in stereo instead of 5.1 and a list of PPV movies available on DirecTV shows the emperor having no clothes in what way?
                          Yeah you're right. I was just grasping for threads with that one.

But seriously I was only pointing out (in my obviously obscure way) that I don't understand why Directv is able to provide a movie in HD and DD5.1 while VUDU is only able to provide it in SD and stereo. And also trying to convey my disappointment that VUDU doesn't (for whatever reason).

I was just pointing out a concrete example of my point. As I had stated, there are other movies in that list that are also examples, I just didn't go through an exhaustive comparison.

I love my VUDU and would definitely prefer to rent the movies from VUDU, if only they could provide the movie with the same quality. I was just trying to give VUDU feedback on would it would take to get even more of my hard earned money.

For some reason, someone seems to have a bug up their butt about Directv. I'm now seriously thinking about giving him a years subscription to Directv for Christmas!

I've also pointed out differences between VUDU and ATV in other posts, where I have I listed available titles from ATV without being accused of being an ATV salesperson.

Regards

Comment

But seriously I was only pointing out (in my obviously obscure way) that I don't understand why Directv is able to provide a movie in HD and DD5.1 while VUDU is only able to provide it in SD and stereo. And also trying to convey my disappointment that VUDU doesn't (for whatever reason).
                            I wish we knew. Why does Vudu have some content in HD that AppleTV doesn't? Why does AppleTV have some HD content that Vudu doesn't? Why does AppleTV have no SD content in DD5.1?

It's a very good question and no one who posts here has the answer. The studios seem to make sure that all the VOD providers have the same terms for viewing (ie: 30 days and 24 hours after starting viewing, rentals 30 days after DVD release, etc.). But they don't seem to provide the same content to all services. Who knows. Maybe DirecTV paid more money for the DD movies.

Here's one for you: When I had Dish Network, they had DD5.1 movies on PPV. But not every showing of those movies were in DD5.1. Why would that be???

Again, an answer that is unknown to the little people.

For some reason, someone seems to have a bug up their butt about Directv. I'm now seriously thinking about giving him a years subscription to Directv for Christmas!
                            The bug where the sun don't shine is because in this thread, the "praises" of DirecTV have been sung so much. That's why. Why don't I want DirecTV? Because I want to watch movies in a rainstorm! I think DirecTV has gotten overly positive treatment when in reality, I don't think they really matter. In order to get all their wonderful movies, you have to get all their wonderful equipment and subscription to all their wonderful channels. With Vudu I can use it with any internet provider and I can have any TV subscription or lack thereof that I want.

I've also pointed out differences between VUDU and ATV in other posts, where I have I listed available titles from ATV without being accused of being an ATV salesperson.
                            My take was that you feel DirecTV has a lot of positive things over Vudu. That's what it sounds like...

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                              Why don't I want DirecTV? Because I want to watch movies in a rainstorm!
                              That one is just tough for me to relate to. It doesn't sleet nor snow or rain down here in San Diego! I talk to our postman every day and he's a very happy man.

My take was that you feel DirecTV has a lot of positive things over Vudu. That's what it sounds like...
                              Well I think if you review your own posts about ATV and ReplayTV but substitute my name with them, then I think you would come to the same conclusion.

I think the reason it comes across that way is because I have intimate experience with Directv and Netflix. So it's easy for me use them as points of comparision to try and provide "constructive" criticism of VUDU's offering.

My only goal is to push for things that makes VUDU competitive for my money. I can only speak from my personal perspective and not any other VUDU customer. That's up to the VUDU marketing department to do that.

I think I'm fair in that I also serve praise to VUDU when I think it's deserved.

Best Regards
                              Bob

(BTW so do you want the 1 year subscription or not?? I've read that spraying RainX on the dish solves the problem to some degree. )

Comment

Well I think if you review your own posts about ATV and ReplayTV but substitute my name with them, then I think you would come to the same conclusion.
                                Dunno. ReplayTV isn't a competing service and I've been highly critical of the shortcoming of ATV.

But perhaps I'm not being fair. Maybe I'm just tired of little activity in here and am bored with reading about DirecTV. I really don't #%&#$(#@ care!

(BTW so do you want the 1 year subscription or not?? I've read that spraying RainX on the dish solves the problem to some degree. )
                                Sure. I'll take it! I never refuse free things.

But RainX won't work. The problem isn't rain on the dish. It's the fact that the incoming satellite signal scatters off the rain drops. That's the issue...

Comment

Working...
                                X