Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

Originally posted by SinGA View Post
    It says "Have a valid credit card to use as the family payment method." Does that mean only one person in the family can buy titles?
    Am I understanding this correctly?? That everyone in my "Family" has to use the same payment method? So if I put in my payment method, then anyone in my family can use that method to buy movies? If so, that ain't gonna work, now is it?

Comment

Am I understanding this correctly?? That everyone in my "Family" has to use the same payment method? So if I put in my payment method, then anyone in my family can use that method to buy movies? If so, that ain't gonna work, now is it?
      You can use Google Play gift cards as a form of payment. There may be a payment option limitation in your eyes, but unlike Vudu, the sharing of content isn't limited to just UV content. Also, we're seeing more catalog titles added now that lack UV rights since MA launched, I think it would be best to request Vudu add a Family Sharing feature that doesn't rely on Ultraviolet, that way you're not stuck only watching films that had UV rights.

Comment

Originally posted by VuduAddict View Post
        You can use Google Play gift cards as a form of payment. There may be a payment option limitation in your eyes, but unlike Vudu, the sharing of content isn't limited to just UV content. Also, we're seeing more catalog titles added now that lack UV rights since MA launched, I think it would be best to request Vudu add a Family Sharing feature that doesn't rely on Ultraviolet, that way you're not stuck only watching films that had UV rights.
        Vudu creating a sharing option would be beneficial. UV sharing is extremely beneficial to those that use it. Much better option than what Apple and Google offer. MA and now it appears Vudu, is screwing with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
          Vudu creating a sharing option would be beneficial. UV sharing is extremely beneficial to those that use it. Much better option than what Apple and Google offer. MA and now it appears Vudu, is screwing with that.
          I agree that UV sharing has less limitations when sharing, but it will be important that Vudu creates a new Family Sharing system, since we will see less UV rights titles with MA now available. UV sharing is great, but only when the content allows. I?d much prefer to have all content available, but that?s just my personal preference, and certainly not how everyone feels.

Comment

Originally posted by VuduAddict View Post
            I?d much prefer to have all content available, but that?s just my personal preference, and certainly not how everyone feels.
            Of course everybody would prefer to have ALL content, but MA doesnt fit that bill either! Seems to me that MA shares even less content! No TV titles!! That is super lame. Not all movies in my Vudu port over to MA and therefore do not get shared out.

Comment

Of course everybody would prefer to have ALL content, but MA doesnt fit that bill either! Seems to me that MA shares even less content! No TV titles!! That is super lame. Not all movies in my Vudu port over to MA and therefore do not get shared out.
              I'm not talking about Movies Anywhere. I"m talking about Family Sharing features within retailers (iTunes, Google Play), something Vudu could implement that is independent of Moves Anywhere. It allows you to share all your content with linked family accounts, doesn't matter if it's UV, MA, etc.

Comment

There was a software issue involving Vudu accounts linked to both UltraViolet and Movies Anywhere in mid-October. Some movies purchased from iTunes, Google, and Amazon were inadvertently copied to UltraViolet accounts, and those copies have since been removed from UltraViolet accounts.

These movies are still available to you at Vudu; at the service you purchased from (iTunes, Google, or Amazon); and at all the other services you've linked to Movies Anywhere.

Comment

The sharing problem is confusing and MA has not made it any clearer.

Recent point in case is the new Disney movie - Cars 3. Unfortunately my daughter (who is a sharing member on UV/VUDU and lives in a different state) purchased it on VUDU thinking it would port to MA, Google Play and iTunes. As we all know Disney is MA and Disney titles can't be shared on VUDU. They have to be purchased on either Google Play or iTunes in order to be shared with family members.

My family members have asked me to create a flowchart so they can know what works and what doesn't. And I have basically told them that if it's not UV on VUDU to leave the purchasing to me.

Comment

It is really really sad that Vudu is NOT transferring titles ported from MA to UV library. Yesterday it even took back UV titles ported from MA on the launch day of MA, claiming that it was a technical glitch.

I share my Vudu/UV titles with my family members, and now my family members are not able to watch movies that ported from my iTunes account. I know that it is still possible to share MA titles thru Google Play/iTunes BUT everyone likes to have movies in one place without hopping from app to app.

So at first we all were happy that MA launched and Vudu did transfer every eligible MA title to UV. After a week or so it became just another mehh. So all excitement is already gone.

The family sharing on Vudu is orchestrated thru UV library, and it doesn't have built in movie sharing feature as Google Play or iTunes without involving 3rd party. I think Vudu should realize that their actions of not placing ported titles to UV would "hurt" them in the long run. By restricting MA/UV transfers they are encouraging us to buy titles and redeem movie codes directly thru Vudu (which is understandable). However, if more studios are to join to MA in the future, I will be able to share my entire movie library thru Google Play or iTunes (BUT not every title thru Vudu). Every family member will be able to watch movies using just one app and there will be no need for secondary movie provider. And this is when popularity of Vudu will decline. Because UV is popular due to Vudu, and Vudu is still on demand thanks to UV (purchase of a movie by any family member will transfer movie to UV and every Vudu user will be able to watch that movie). As less movies transfer to UV, it will become obsolete in the future so will Vudu, unless Vudu comes with an efficient way of sharing movies with family members.

It is just my opinion, and it is up to Vudu whether or not to follow the steps of Target Ticket or CinemaNow.

Comment

Originally posted by Behzod View Post
                      It is really really sad that Vudu is NOT transferring titles ported from MA to UV library.
                      My understanding is that this is NOT Vudu's decision. I believe it is an MA policy. Purchases through MA/iTunes/Amazon/Google receive an MA license only and therefore do not get a UV license. I believe it is a strategy to eventually force UV to end.

Comment

Originally posted by quackman View Post
                        My understanding is that this is NOT Vudu's decision. I believe it is an MA policy. Purchases through MA/iTunes/Amazon/Google receive an MA license only and therefore do not get a UV license. I believe it is a strategy to eventually force UV to end.
                        That is all speculation as VUDU hasn't been up front about the specifics so we are left to guess. It is just as likely that VUDU is playing some game to keep users here or perhaps there is some charge to each retailer for each matched title, or or.

The only fact that we have is that VUDU has caused a good deal of user pain and confusion because they were not clear on what would happen and were not clear when they changed what was happening and still aren't clear on what is going to happen (especially for things folks seem to care a lot about like sharing). What could have been a lot of good will and loyalty has been badly handed and has (at least for me) resulted in strongly considering dropping them as a source for code redemption and digital purchases once MA brings on the rest of the studios. It wasn't even a consideration before this cluster f.

Comment

Originally posted by Behzod View Post
                          It is really really sad that Vudu is NOT transferring titles ported from MA to UV library. Yesterday it even took back UV titles ported from MA on the launch day of MA, claiming that it was a technical glitch
                          What did you see get removed? The only one that was unique to MA (not from VUDU a or a UV redemption site) for me was the Spider-Man homecoming I redeemed there. It was ported to UV and is still on UVVU (at UHD resolution).

Comment

Originally posted by CBrown View Post
                            That is all speculation as VUDU hasn't been up front about the specifics so we are left to guess. It is just as likely that VUDU is playing some game to keep users here or perhaps there is some charge to each retailer for each matched title, or or.
                            Okay, VUDU rep, please let us know if this is an MA policy or a Vudu-only policy? It would help us all understand what is going on and end the speculation. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by quackman View Post
                              Okay, VUDU rep, please let us know if this is an MA policy or a Vudu-only policy? It would help us all understand what is going on and end the speculation. Thanks!
                              This is not really my area - but in the interest of trying to be helpful, my understanding is that this is a studio decision. In the end, as I'm sure you know, the content owners get the final say in how their content is handled...

Comment

MA is sounding worse and worse each day.

Comment

Working...
                                X